- PhD, Chalmers Technical University, 1979 (Computer Science)
- B Sc, Stockholm University, 1971 (Computer Science, Statistics, Sociology)
- Strategic Research and Development, course at INSEAD, Paris, 1996.
- Leadership courses, Ericsson, Stockholm, 1995.
Public service employment
- 2005–: Director, VINNOVA
- 2001–2005: Director, VINNOVA (Swedish Agency for Innovation Systems). 2001-2010 Responsible for public R&D funding in sectorial innovation systems such as ICT, transport, materials e.t.c.
- 1999–2000: END (Swedish National expert) at European Commission (while employed at SITI AB).Placement in DG INFSO
- 1993–96: Responsibility for development of curriculum and graduate courses implementation, Electronic commerce/EDI Stockholm University
- 1979–1999: Lecturer at Department of Computer and Systems Sciences, Stockholm University
- 1971–79: Researcher at Department of Computer and Systems Sciences, Stockholm University
- 1968–70: Lecturer at Stockholm University, Department for Information Science
- 2010–12 Consultant to The Foundation for Knowledge and Competence Development
- 1989–92 Consultant at TeleDelta (Swedish PTT)
- 1979–81 Systems developer at Datema, Inc.
- 1966 Programmer at Svenska Liv Insurance Inc.
- 1964–66 Part time employment at Dept for Statistics, Swedish Employer Ass.
Research Institute employment
- 1998–2000 Research Manager, SITI AB, (Swedish Research Institute for Information Technology).
- 1994–98 Managing Director, SISU (Swedish Institute for Systems Development), Stockholm
- 1992–94 Senior research manager at SISU, Swedish Institute for Systems Development, Stockholm.
- Research manager at SISU, Swedish Institute for SystemsDevelopment, Stockholm. Participating in the foundation of SISU, Swedish Institute for Systems Development, Stockholm.
- Board Member, Swedish Defence Research Agency (FOI), 2005–
FOI is an assignment-based authority under the Ministry of Defence. The core activities are research, methodology and technology development, as well as studies of the use of defence and security. The organisation employs around 1350 people of whom around 950 are researchers. This makes FOI the largest research institute in Sweden.
- Board Member, User Award AB, 2002–2009
User Award is a SME company fully owned by The Swedish Trade Union Confederation.
- Board Member, IT Link Sweden Inc., 1995–99
A company for technology transfer from research institutes to SME.
Research and project evaluation
- Expert to The Foundation for Knowledge and Competence Development 2009–
- Expert to Agency for Science, Innovation and Technology, Lithuania 2012
- Expert to EU Commission in the area of ICT 2011
- Expert to French governmental agency on research program development in the area of security research 2007
- Evaluator to NTNU (Norges Tekniska Universitet) on IT research and education. Its organisation, priorities and application areas 2006
- Expert in evaluation of strategic research project for Swedish defence Research Agency 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009
- Member of reference group for research at Swedish Emergency Management Agency 2005–2008
- Expert in the evaluation of French National Research Program in Telecommunications, 2002
- Member of 2001 Monitor Panel to the EU IST programme of 5RP
- Expert concerning evaluation of candidates to a professorship in Datalogi (Information Science) in Technical University of Blekinge 2001
- Member of 2000 Monitor Panel to the EU IST programme of 5RP
- Board member of "Institutet för Rättsinformatik" (Legal informatics). Stockholms Universitet. 1999 –
- Expert concerning evaluation of strategic programme on "Secure Distributed Systems for the Health Sector" for Norweigan Research Council, 1999.
- Expert concerning evaluation of strategic programme on "Stanardization for the Information Society" for Norweigan Research Council, 1999.
- Opponent, academic thesis (Lic.), Linköping University, feb 1999
- Expert concerning evaluation of candidates for a research position at Norges Teknisk-Naturvitenskaplige Universitet i Trondheim, Norway, 1997 and 1998
- Member of Program Committee, Medical Telematics Programme, The Foundation for Knowledge and Competence Development, 1997–2000
- Member of Program Committe, Telematic program, Swedish Transport and Communications Research Board, 1997–2000
- Member of evaluation committee concerning IPSI Research Institute, for GMD, Germany, 1997
- Member of the Scientific Advisory Board for the German Research Institute GMD, Bonn, Germany, 1996–99, 99–2003
- Expert concerning evaluation of Professorship candidates in Information Science in Stavanger, 1996.
- Research project evaluator to Norwegian Research Council, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998 and 1999.
- Evaluator to the EC 4th Framework Research Program Esprit, Multimedia Systems, Brussels 1996.
- Evaluator to the EC 4th Framework Research Program, Telematics Applications, Information Engineering, Luxemburg 1993 and 1995.
- Evaluator to the EC program TEDIS-Trade Electronic Data Interchange Systems; Brussles, 1989, 1991, 1992, and 1994.
- Opponent at PhD dissertation, Tekniska Högskolan i Trondheim, Norway, 1986.
- Marie Curie Excellence Award Grand Jury 2004
- Programme committee member, WebNet 1998
- Caise 97 Conference, Program Committee Member, 1997
- Caise 96 Conference, Engineering Challenges in Information Systems, Program Committee Member, 1996
- Caise 95 Conference, Program Committee Member, 1995. Referee for the Publication Data & Knowledge Engineering, 1988
- IFIP, CRIS Conference on Computer Assistance during the Information Systems lifecycle, Program Committee Member 1988
- VLDB – Very Large Databases, Program Committee Member 1985
International standardization and industrial committees
- Member of Science and Technology Board at Inspektionen för Strategiska produkter 2005–2012
- Member of IVA Steering group for project Production in Sweden 2004–2005
- Member (of board for) National Aerospace research program (NFFP) 2001–2008
- Board member for National Automotive Research prorgrammes (PFF) 2002–2007
- Member of Advisory board for measurement technology at SP-Swedish National Testing and Research Institute 2001–2008
- Panel member of Technical Foresight project; IVA (Royal Academy of Engeneering ) 1999.
- Mentor for research group on electronic commerce at University of Örebro. 1997
- Member of TELDOK (PTT Publication Series) Editorial Committee, 1996–2002
- Member of board IRI – Institutet för Rättsinformatik vid Stockholms Universitet 2001–
- Board Member, SWEDECALS ( Swedish Organization for CALS–Computer- aided Acquisition and Logistic Support) 1994–1996
- Chairperson, ISO/IEC (International Standardization Organisation/International Electrotechnical Committee) JTC1 (Joint Technical Committee No 1), Subcommittee 14 (Electronic Data Interchange, Standardization of Data Elements), 1988–1994
- Board Member SWEPRO – Swedish Trade Procedures Council, 1989–1992
- Chairperson, the Swedish Standardization Committee ITS/Ag 14, 1987–1994
- Committee Member of ISO/IEC JTC1/SC30 (Subcommittee No 30 on Information Technology - Open EDI), 1992- 1994.
- Expert to UN/ECE/WP4 (United Nations/Economic Commission for Europe/Working Party No 4), Trade Procedures, EDIFACT, 1988–1994
- Bubenko J. – Lindencrona E., “Konceptuell Modellering”, Studentlitteratur, Lund 1984
- Co-author, “EDI i Offentlig förvaltning”, Statskontoret, March 1991
- Co-author, “Navigera rätt i datavärlden”, Riksdataföreningen, 1988
Publications and reports
List of publications and reports on demand
- Commission of Trust, Lay Assessor, Solna city, 2013–
- Member, Taxation of Research Workers Board 2002–
- Commission of Trust, Lay Assessor ( Nämndeman) , Stockholm City Court, 1985–2001
- Member, Zonta II, Stockholm